Delhi..this city changed has changed me so much. I was a small town girl who came to this city nearly four years back. And obviously before coming here I had some pre-concieved about it. I warned by my parents, relatives and even neighbours about how cruel this city is and how cruel people are here; how dangerous night life in Delhi is and etc etc. But no one warned me that one day I'll fall in love with this city and the people.
I, like most youngsters, did everything I was asked to stay away from and to be honest I don't regret it at all. The second day of my college I met two girls who still are one of the closest friends I have. They were literally my partners in crime. We did things which were funny, embarassing, wild and stupid. But I don't regret not listening to my folks because if I had listened to them I wouldn't have met these amazing people. If I had done what they asked me to , I would have never walked in a stranger's car who later on became my best friend. Neither I would have stayed out late at nights and I would have never realised how beautiful this city looks at night. From a narrow minded, shy 'gaon ki chhori' (village girl); this city changed me to a confident and open minded person. From a girl who could not share her feelings, this city taught me to give voice to my own thoughts.
May be the reason I love Delhi is not just because of the city, its because of the people who made each day special. The careless strolls in the ridge and university gardens, the casual chats with a cup of tea in rain, shopping in Kamla Nagar, eating out at Sam's Cafe, late night coffee n gossips, the concerts, the college feasts, studying till late nights and assignment submissions, falling in and out of love, would any of these be fun or special had it not for the friends who were around? I guess not. And now that my closest friends are leaving I wonder if things in Delhi would the same for me or not? But whatever it be I would always love this city for it made me 'ME'.
No comments:
Post a Comment